Highlighting the Limited-Edition Appellation Collection, New Virtual Tastings Provide An Insider’s Look at the 17 Celebrated 2017 Cabernet Sauvignons that Comprise the Stags Leap District Appellation Collection
STAGS LEAP DISTRICT, Napa, CA, July 22, 2020 – A highly anticipated release for more than 20 years, the Stags Leap District Appellation Collection showcases coveted Cabernet Sauvignon from 17 of the region’s wineries. This year’s one-of-a-kind offering highlights the 2017 vintage, and will be available for purchase from October 15th to December 15th, 2020, with wines arriving in time for holiday celebrations and gifting. Only 150 total sets are available.
New this year, Appellation Collection loyalists and buyers will also have the chance to meet the vintners and winemakers through a series of interactive virtual tastings, giving Cabernet Sauvignon enthusiasts the chance to learn more about the nuances of each prestigious wine. Reservations for the tastings, which will be hosted at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Friday afternoons in November and December, can be made at https://www.stagsleapdistrict.com/VirtualTastings or https://www.stagsleapdistrict.com/AppellationCollection.
“Each of these wines stands alone, but as a collective they tell a complete story of the Stags Leap District, and showcase the hallmark characteristics of this region – grace and power, lush texture and vibrant fruit,” said Nancy Bialek, Executive Director of Stags Leap District Winegrowers. “Our Virtual Tastings will deepen the experience, with the chance to hear directly from, and taste with, our vintners and winemakers about this memorable vintage.”
The limited-edition 2017 Appellation Collection includes a total of 17 distinctive Cabernet Sauvignons, from the following wineries: Baldacci Family Vineyards, Chimney Rock Winery, Cliff Lede Vineyards, Clos Du Val, Ilsley Vineyards, Lindstrom Wines, Malk Family Vineyards, Odette Estate Winery, Pine Ridge Vineyards, Quixote Winery, Regusci Winery, Shafer Vineyards, Silverado Vineyards, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, Stags’ Leap Winery, Steltzner Vineyards, and Taylor Family Vineyards.
The 2017 Appellation Collection is priced at $1,999 for the 17-bottle set, packaged in two boxes complete with detailed winemaker tasting notes; ground shipping is included. The Appellation Collection is only available for purchase from October 15th to December 15th, 2020.
October 15th to December 15th, 2020
150 Appellation Collection sets
Sold exclusively by the Stags Leap District Winegrowers Association
Or call 707.255.1720
$1,999, which includes ground shipping for 17 bottles shipped in two boxes with winemaker tasting notes. Additional sales tax applies to purchases made in California and in various other states, to the extent required by law.
Included (where allowed by law).
Appellation Collection Virtual Tastings
A full schedule and registration details for the Virtual Tastings can be found at www.stagsleapdistrict.com/VirtualTastings. The tasting series includes:
- Session #1 – Friday, November 13, 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. PST // Clos du Val, Regusci, Silverado Vineyards and Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars
- Session #2 – Friday, November 20, 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. PST // Baldacci Family Vineyards, Lindstrom Wines, Pine Ridge Vineyards, Quixote Winery
- Session #3 – Friday, December 4, 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. PST // Chimney Rock Winery, Cliff Lede Vineyards, Malk Family Vineyards, Odette Estate
- Session #4 – Friday, December 11, 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. PST // Ilsley Vineyards, Shafer Vineyards, Stags’ Leap Winery, Steltzner Vineyards
The 2017 Appellation Collection includes one bottle of each of the following Stags Leap District-designated wines:
- Baldacci Family Vineyards, 2017 Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chimney Rock Winery, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Ganymede Vineyard
- Cliff Lede Vineyards, 2017 Dancing Heart Cabernet Sauvignon
- Clos Du Val, 2017 Hirondelle Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ilsley Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Lindstrom Wines, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Malk Family Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Odette Estate Winery, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pine Ridge Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Quixote Winery, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Regusci Winery, 2017 ‘The Elders’ Cabernet Sauvignon
- Shafer Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon One Point Five
- Silverado Vineyards, 2017 SOLO Cabernet Sauvignon ,
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, 2017 FAY Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ,
- Stags’ Leap Winery 2017 The Leap Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Steltzner Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Taylor Family Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
About Stags Leap District Winegrowers:
The Stags Leap District Winegrowers is a non-profit association of vintners and growers united by the mission of enhancing the reputation of the appellation and its wines and sharing its quality with the wine-loving world. The SLDWA is comprised of 17 wineries and 10 grower members. Wineries include: Baldacci Family Vineyards, Chimney Rock Winery, Cliff Lede Vineyards, Clos Du Val, Ilsley Vineyards, Lindstrom Wines, Malk Family Vineyards, Odette Estate Winery, Pine Ridge Vineyards, Quixote Winery, Regusci Winery, Shafer Vineyards, Silverado Vineyards, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, Stags’ Leap Winery, Steltzner Vineyards, and Taylor Family Vineyards. To learn more about the Stags Leap District, please visit stagsleapdistrict.com or find the Association on Facebook.com/StagsLeapDistrict, Instagram.com/StagsLeapAVA Twitter @StagsLeapAVA.