Reddy Vineyards Introduces New Label to Texas Wine Enthusiasts
DALLAS, TX (July 15, 2020) – The early pioneers of Texas grape growers, Reddy Vineyards, has paved the way for the Texas wine industry once again. Dr. Vijay and Subada Reddy, along with their son Akhil Reddy, have bottled their family’s passion for fine wine grapes and the Texas High Plains, under their estate label Reddy Vineyards, using 100% Texas-grown fruit. And, this August, Reddy Vineyards is introducing nine new wines and two new vintages to their portfolio.
“My family has a deep-rooted passion for wine, winegrowing and the Texas High Plains,” said Akhil Reddy Co-Owner, Reddy Vineyards. “I’m honored to work alongside my parents to bring their lifelong pursuit of estate-grown, sustainably farmed, 100% Texan wines to life.”
Everything about Reddy Vineyards is authentically Texan, from the grapes to the label on each bottle, and tells the Reddy family story. The star on the label is also a copper arrow, pointing west to honor West Texas– home to the family’s vineyard. The label itself is the shape of the barn that houses the family’s state-of-the-art winery. The colors of the labels represent the rustic terroir of the Texas High Plains AVA, and because the Reddy family is so passionate about Texan-grown grapes, they’ve also included the block number on each bottle so that you can be confident that each wine is estate grown and produced. Wine enthusiasts can even visit the vineyard and the exact block where their favorite grapes are grown.
Having contributed to the development of the Texas wine industry as one of the leading suppliers of premium Texas grapes since, 1997, the Reddy family launched its own estate label in 2019 with eight wines including:
- Rosé – Cinsault, Mourvedre and Merlot
- Sauvignon Blanc – single varietal estate Sauvignon Blanc
- Marsanne – single varietal estate Marsanne
- VMR Blend – Viognier, Marsanne and Roussanne blend
- M3 – Malbec, Merlot and Mourvedre estate blend
- TNT Red Blend – Tempranillo and Touriga Nacional
- Field Blend – proprietary blend of red Italian and French grape varietals
- The Dyer Red Blend – Alicante Bouschet and Merlot blend
This August, Reddy Vineyards is excited to introduce nine new wines that have never been previously released and two new vintages of current wines offered, within their Lifestyle Collection including:
- 2019 Reserve Cabernet Franc
- 2019 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2019 TX-BDX – Bordeaux-style blend of 71% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Malbec and 6% Petit Verdot
- 2019 “The Superior Texan” – Super Tuscan/Texan-style blend of 49% Sangiovese, 41% Tannat, 7% Montepulciano and 3% Malbec
- 2019 Field Blend – field blend of red Italian and French grape varietals
- 2019 TNT – Tempranillo and Touriga Nacional
- 2019 HARDPRESS – Bold Italian-style blend with rich, dark fruit notes and a seductively smooth finish
- 2019 Grand Vitis – Smooth French-style blend with juicy red fruit notes and a soft finish
- 2019 TX LOVERS – Semi-sweet red
- 2019 Rosé – 100% Tempranillo
- 2019 O.M.R. – Semi-sweet white blend of 50% Orange Muscat, 25% Marsanne and 25% Roussanne
The 2020 Reddy Vineyards new releases were the first big project for new Executive Winemaker, Lood Kotze. The wines, which will be available in late August, were produced to the Reddy family’s exacting quality standards. The vineyard’s new releases stand out from their Reserve and Signature Estate wines. At a price point perfect for everyday enjoyment, the Lifestyle Collection is designed to be young, vibrant, fruit forward, and have a wine for everyone. Consumers might also notice the labels on the 2020 wines are different than the traditional Reddy Vineyards label. The labels are taller with a full bottle wrap and bright colors that amplify the Texas element in a new way.
While Reddy Vineyards may be one of the newest Texas labels to make their debut, the wines have already generated recognition amongst wine lovers. The largest wine competition of North American wine in the world, The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, awarded Reddy Vineyards’ 2017 TNT Red Blend double gold, and the same wine was selected as the Reserve Class Texas Tempranillo Champion at the 2020 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition. Other wine awards include:
- 2015 Field Blend – “Best Texas Red”, 2020 Texas International Wine Competition; Double Gold and Reserve Class Texas Champion, 2020 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2017 Field Blend – Gold medal winner, 2020 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2017 The Dyer Red Blend – Silver medal winner, 2020 Texas International Wine Competition; Silver medal winner, 2020 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2017 Marsanne – Bronze medal winner, 2020 Texas International Wine Competition; Bronze medal winner, 2020 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition; Bronze medal winner, 2020 TEXSOM International Wine Awards
- 2019 Rosé – Silver medal winner, 2020 “THE ROSÉ COMPETITION” American Fine Wine Competition
“We’re so grateful for the continued recognition of our estate wines. Texas is the fifth largest producer of wines in the United States. Our goal for the wines is to elevate the quality image of Texas wines, while staying true to our roots. The awards, recognition and response from wine lovers across the state and beyond has proven we’re on the right path,” added Reddy.
For a limited time, Reddy Vineyards is offering a pre-sale discount of 20% off of its upcoming releases. Customers can purchase these wines now and take advantage of the pre-release discount. The wines will then be released in August.
Visit Reddy Vineyards in Brownfield, Texas for breathtaking views and authentic Texas tastings. To learn more about Reddy Vineyards, purchase wine, or join the wine club, please visit www.reddyvineyards.com.
About Reddy Vineyards
Founded in 1997, Reddy Vineyards is a pioneer of the Texas wine industry. At 400 acres, Reddy Vineyards is one of the largest, and the most diverse with 38 distinct varietals planted in the Texas High Plains winegrowing region. A fifth-generation farmer, Dr. Vijay Reddy holds a PhD in Plant and Soil Science and is regarded as one of the state’s leading viticulturists. Under the leadership of his son, Akhil Reddy, Reddy Vineyards also produces world-class wines and seeks to continue to raise the reputation of Texas as a national leader of premium wine production. Read more about the family’s story, iconic vineyards and purchase Reddy Vineyards wines at reddyvineyards.com.