Highly Anticipated New Winery in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley Tells its Story Digitally in Lieu of Grand Opening Celebration
OLIVER, British Columbia (May 28, 2020) – Phantom Creek Estates, a highly anticipated new winery located on the Black Sage Bench of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, today announced the launch of an immersive, educational and transportive video series to be broadcasted on the winery’s digital channels and social media platforms in lieu of its scheduled grand opening celebration. Beginning today, Phantom Creek Estates will debut a professionally produced, in-depth three to five-minute video bi-weekly, with each installment detailing a chapter of the winery’s story, bringing the viewer full circle. The winery completed its final phase of construction earlier this year and was set to host a grand opening celebration last month, April 2020.
“For the last year, we have been preparing to introduce ourselves to the world here at the Estate. In this new environment, we are bringing ourselves to the world instead,” said Phantom Creek Estates’ CEO Santiago Cilley. “This docuseries will introduce viewers to our past, present and future, and celebrate the passion, commitment and precision that defines who we are.”
The docuseries will take viewers on a visual journey of Phantom Creek Estates, from its historic beginnings in the Okanagan Valley to present day, showcasing ten “episodes” of the winery’s lifespan, from its roots, to the winemaking team’s meticulous processes, to the incredible architectural minds that came together to build this trailblazing winery for the region. The immersive series will debut a new episode twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and offer viewers an unprecedented peak inside the life of a new winery, as well as the opportunity to meet the team that brings this incredible project to life.
Episodes include the following:
- Episode One – “The Legacy” featuring Santiago Cilley, CEO
- Episode Two – “Natural” featuring Amy Richards, director of farming
- Episode Three – “Balance” featuring Olivier Humbrecht MW, consulting winemaker for the white wine program
- Episode Four – “Liquid Art” featuring Francis Hutt, winemaker
- Episode Five – “Liquid Art & Balance” featuring Olivier Humbrecht MW
- Episode Six – “Liquid Art & Harmony” featuring Philippe Melka, consulting winemaker for the red wine program
- Episode Seven – “The Architecture” featuring John Taft, from Backen & Gillam Architects
- Episode Eight – “The Art” A sensory experience like no other
- Episode Nine – “The Guest Experience”
- Episode Ten – “The Future Starts Now” featuring Santiago Cilley
The winery will begin welcoming guests to its estate in-person very soon. The winery has an expansive outdoor entertaining area, including designated picnic spots and an amphitheater space which the team plans to utilize for safe, open-air experiences. Inside the hospitality facility, the spacious tasting room with its walk-up bar and seating areas will adhere to strict social distancing and sanitation protocols. In order to provide the best experience for guests while maintaining a safe environment, reservations are required via Tock https://phantomcreekestates.com/visit/.