Free Webinar for Beverage Industry Professionals via Zoom on May 20 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
SommCon®, a leading conference for the wine, beer, and spirits industry, hosts Iconic Wine Regions of Italy presented by The Tasting Panel Magazine and The SOMM Journal to be held via Zoom on Wednesday May 20, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.
Some say that the only way to understand wines of Italy is to travel there, since we cannot do that right now, the webinar brings attendees there virtually to hear directly from the winemakers and see their unique terroirs. Hear from the winemakers and proprietors of distinctive properties in La Bella Italia. See the factors that not only make Italy a special place, but what distinguishes one province, one region, one village, one hillside from the others! Understand the advantages and personal stories behind each label. Whether studying for MS or MW, the webinar helps ‘students’ of wine get their heads around the wines of Italy.
The webinar is free to members of the trade with the option to make a payment in support of The Somm Relief Project, an initiative that provides grants and funding to individual members of the trade impacted by COVID-19 and non-profit organizations in the wine and spirits industry that are financially supporting personally affected individuals.
The Somm Relief Fund is supported by:
- The SOMM Journal
- The Tasting Panel Magazine
- Lede Family Wines
- Banfi Vinters Foundation
- Boisset Collection
Panelists for the webinar include:
- Laura Felluga, Livio Fellugo Winery, Friuli, Marketing and Communications
- Sandro Boscaini, Masi Agricola, Verona, CEO
- Maria Borio, Cascina Castlet, Costigliole d’Asti, Proprietor
- Roberto Austa, Cascina Castlet, Costigliole d’Asti, Winemaker
- Davide Rosso, Azienda Agricola Giovanni Rosso, Serralunga, Proprietor
- Daniele Dellanoce, Azienda Agricola Giovanni Rosso, Serralunga, Business Development
- Valentina Abbona, Prodottori di Barolo, Barolo Family Proprietor
- Cristina Mariani May, Castello Banfi, Montalcino, CEO and Family Proprietor
- Marianna Velenosi, Velenosi Vini, Ascoli Piceno/Le Marche, Strategic Marketing Manager
- Milena Pepe, Tenuta Cavalier Pepe, Irpinia/Campania, Family Proprietor
- Lars Leicht, The SOMM Journal, VP Communications & Education
When and Where:
May 20, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT via Zoom.
Visit HERE to register. The webinar will also be available for download on the SommConfidential Blog, located on the SommCon® website, for those unable to attend live.