Free Webinar for Beverage Industry Professionals via Zoom on April 30 at 9:00 a.m. PST
What: SommCon®, a leading conference for the wine, beer, and spirits industry, hosts Global Terroir presented by The Tasting Panel Magazine and The SOMM Journal to be held via Zoom on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PST. The webinar is free to members of the trade with the option to make a payment in support of The Somm Relief project, an initiative that provides grants and funding to individual members of the trade impacted by COVID-19 and non-profit organizations in the wine and spirits industry that are financially supporting personally affected individuals.
The webinar takes a virtual trip around the globe and a looks at unique terroirs as explained by the people behind them. This 90-minute journey to California, Washington, Uruguay, France, Italy, and Mexico brings together global winemakers to discuss what makes their corner of the world unique and inimitable. Understand the unique advantages and personal stories behind each label, find out how they are coping with quarantine and adjusting to an uncertain market. Learn the factors that make their corners of the world distinct and inimitable and gain an understanding the advantages and personal stories behind each label.
Panelists for the webinar include:
- Tim Henley, Winemaker of Thick Skinned, on the terroir of Red Mountain.
- Charles Tsegeletos, Head Winemaker for Cline Cellars, on Sonoma Valley terroir.
- Chris Radomski, Founder of La Adelita Tequila, on Jalisco terroir.
- Christian Wylie, Managing Director of Bodega Garzon, on Uruguay terroir.
- Jean Charles Boisset, Proprietor Domaine de la Vougeraie, on Burgundy terroir and The Boisset Collection Ambassador Program.
- Lars Leicht, VP/ Communication & Education, The SOMM Journal and The Tasting Panel Magazine.
When and Where: April 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PST via Zoom.
Sign Up: Visit HERE to register. The webinar will also be available for download on the SommConfidential Blog, located on the SommCon® website, for those unable to secure a live spot.