Historic Napa Valley Wine Estate to Act as Host of Variety of Art and Cultural Events
Napa, Calif., March 9, 2020 – Charles Krug (www.charleskrug.com/), Napa’s oldest winery and home to the first tasting room in California, is pleased to announce its lineup of 2020 events slated to take place at the historic estate in St. Helena, CA. A continued leader and innovator in Napa Valley hospitality, Charles Krug has been actively building upon its reputation as a cultural hub of Napa Valley, by expanding the depth and breadth of its robust calendar of annual events. While several fixtures, such as the popular Napa Valley Film Festival and their monthly comedy evenings, return in 2020, Charles Krug will introduce several new events to the estate that further evolve and expand upon the traditional tasting room experience.
“There is always something new happening at Charles Krug,” comments Charles Krug co-proprietor Peter Mondavi Jr. “Wine tasting in the Napa Valley has continued to evolve and become much more of an experiential activity and we recognize that our great wines can be paired with so many wonderful experiences that add to the cultural richness of our community.”
Over the years, the tasting room experience in Napa Valley has evolved to become much more than wine tasting. Visitors are seeking more experiential visits that range from concerts to inspired food pairings to hands-on technical blending sessions and more. Charles Krug has been at the forefront of this trend to evolve its offerings to meet the needs of today’s consumers.
A sampling of the 2020 events taking place at Charles Krug include:
- Series of Interesting People (SIP): On April 22, 2020 from 6-8 pm Dr. Laurie Marker of the Cheetah Conservation Fund will be the special guest for the first SIP event of 2020. Dr. Marker began her career working with cheetahs at Wildlife Safari in the U.S. Her work took her to Namibia while conducting research into the rewilding of cheetahs born in captivity. Dr. Marker will share her life-long experiences working with these extraordinary animals. Charles Krug wines and refreshments will be available for purchase to enjoy during Dr. Marker’s discussion.
- Featured Artist Series: Beginning in April 2020, Charles Krug Winery will begin featuring work by notable artists from Napa Valley, the Bay Area and beyond in their tasting room as part of the new Featured Artist Series. The series encourages audiences to connect with art and artists, food and wine, and each other. Guests will enjoy world class art paired with Charles Krug’s famed Napa Valley wines creating a truly unique tasting experience that inspires curiosity, connection and new perspectives. The first exhibit will be hung the week of April 20 and showcases the work of local artist Layla Fanucci with an opening reception taking place the evening of April 25. For more information please visit https://charleskrugartistserieslaylafanucci2020.eventbrite.com/.
- Sunset Cinema Series: Throughout the summer of 2020, Charles Krug will continue hosting the Sunset Cinema Series in collaboration with the Napa Valley Film Festival. Screenings will take place in July, August and September. The renowned estate will host the series on their expansive Great Lawn with the Napa Valley Film Festival curating three award-winning films from previous festivals. You can read more about last year’s series at this link.
- Tastings on the Lawn: On Saturday, September 12, Charles Krug will once again invite fellow wine and food enthusiasts to the estate’s Great Lawn for the 69th annual Tastings on the Lawn. Founders Cesare and Rosa Mondavi began Tastings on the Lawn in 1951 and it has evolved into one of the most cherished harvest celebrations in the Napa Valley. You can read more about last year’s event at this link.
- Napa Valley Film Festival: The pinnacle of Charles Krug’s annual event cycle, this fall, Charles Krug is pleased to partner with the Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) again as the only winery screening venue for its acclaimed lineup of films. The NVFF is a 5-day celebration that blends the art of film, food, and wine together. Visitors can discover the best new independent films of the year, savor exquisite cuisine paired with legendary wines, and create lasting memories found only in the Napa Valley. In addition to daily screenings, Charles Krug plays host to a number of festival gatherings throughout this star-studded week in wine country. Visit https://www.napavalleyfilmfest.org/ for more information.
- Charles Krug Comedy Series: Presented by the Laugh Cellar, the Charles Krug Comedy Series is an ongoing set of shows held on the third Friday of each month featuring delicious wines, tasty bites and plenty of laughter. The series showcases some of the best up and coming comic talents performing in the unique environs of the Charles Krug Estate. For ticket information please visit https://www.crushersofcomedy.com/box-office.html.