New York, NY, February 27, 2020 – WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS launched 2020 with the first trade event dedicated to wine and spirits. Together, the exhibition welcomed 2,800 exhibitors and 29,280 trade and industry members (1 in 3 from outside of France) to the heart of the world’s lifestyle, wine and food capital. This joint edition marks a major milestone, solidifying its position as the world’s key annual industry event.
The Global Epicenter of Wine and Spirits
Over the 3 day fair, 29,280 trade and industry members from 126 countries filled the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. After France, the top 3 countries represented, by attendees, were the United Kingdom, Belgium and the United States of America.
National and international buyers (importers, wine merchants, restaurant and hotel owners, sommeliers, central purchasing agencies, distributors, specialist wholesalers and sales agents) were able to taste the latest vintage, find new treasures, engage with major and emerging brands, and discover the extensive wine and spirits offerings from different regions around the world. French wine regions and brands were joined by international exhibitors from Argentina, Croatia, Spain, Italy, Lebanon and Portugal.
A Rewarding and Immersive Experience
- Numerous panels and round-table discussions, explored key industry issues and trends, including:
- Consumer expectations for organic wines
- Trends and major challenges in the global spirits market
- E-commerce: selling wine direct-to-consumer
- The future of French Wines is in the US: this panel was moderated by Michael Green, Wine & Spirits Consultant; Cathy Huyghe – Founder, Enolytics; Thorsten Hartmann – IWSR Director of Custom Analytics; Adrian Chalk, General Manager, Adrian Chalk Selection Ms Walker; Pascaline Lepeltier, M.S., Partner at Racines
NY; Manilay Saito – Head of U.S. Wine and Spirits Department, Business France and Jeanne Marie de Champs, President, Domaines et Saveurs Collection
- Will there be a Winexit in the UK?
- Promotion and engagement of specific market segments in a variety of settings:
- Environmentally-friendly choices (such organic, biodynamic, high environmental value) through the ‘WOW! WORLD OF ORGANIC WINE’ area and a ‘WONDERFUL DISCOVERIES’ route that weaved through the exhibition.
- The BE SPIRITS area, a first this year, featuring 100 brands from 14 countries and the ‘Infinite Bar’, the longest cocktail bar in the world at 124 feet.
- 40 young winemakers who were looking for their first distribution networks in France and abroad participated in the ‘NEW WAVE’.
Lastly, each evening WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS went beyond the Expo walls with off-site partnerships. A selection of 65 restaurants—-chosen to celebrate wine and the diversity and quality of Parisian gastronomy—and 20 mixologists from the most influential Parisian bars, extended the reach and intrigue to the boulevards of Paris.
2021 Around the Corner!
The success of 2020, fueled by the enthusiasm and feedback of exhibitors and visitors alike, confirms the relevance of bringing the two complementary events together and 2021 preparations are now underway.
For 2021, their shared objective is to establish an event with even greater international scope for both exhibitors and visitors, and to diversify the markets represented, both nationally and internationally, as well as improve and enrich the overall experience for participants.
The next WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS will take place February 15-17, 2021.
For additional information about Wine Paris-Vinexpo 2020, visit https://en.wineparis.com/ and please contact: