Showcasing trends in sustainability and smart labeling
MENTOR, OHIO (JANUARY 29, 2020) – Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials is adding six new facestocks to its Wine & Spirits Portfolio, designed to help winemakers tell their brand’s unique story, in booth #A439 at the 2020 Unified Wine & Grape Symposium in Sacramento, California, February 5-6.
“Labeling technology must work harder than ever for the winemaker and retailer, and these new Avery Dennison collections go beyond helping a bottle stand out on the shelf.” said Vanita Marzette, senior product manager – Wine and Spirits, Avery Dennison. “Whether it’s telling a wine’s sustainability story, employing technology to directly engage with consumers, or ensuring a wine’s validity, labels can serve a variety of needs for the winemaker, retailer and end user.”
Avery Dennison’s new offerings are unique in that they not only deliver a high-end experience via a premium look, finish and feel that provide shelf appeal — they are also manufactured from sustainable materials, which more and more consumers demand, according to Avery Dennison research.
Our six new high-end facestocks are made with renewable or responsibly sourced materials and include:
- Three cotton-based materials (part of Avery Dennison’s Sensorial Collection — a line of facestocks offering a highly tactile, soft and luxurious feel and texture). All three new facestocks are perfect for a variety of finishing effects, including embossing, debossing and foiling:
- Fasson® 100% Pure Cotton Wet-Strength: Made from 100% cotton (a renewable resource), this 70-pound facestock delivers a letter press finish and offers a premium, tactile feel.
- 70# Fasson® 25% Cotton Feel Wet-Strength: A high-quality 70-pound white cotton facestock, it is made with 25% cotton and 30% post-consumer waste and delivers a soft cotton felt finish.
- 70# Fasson® 25% Black Cotton Feel Wet-Strength: A high-quality 70-pound true black facestock, it is made with 25% cotton and 30% post-consumer waste and offers a tactile feel.
- Three materials produced with organic and recycled content.
- Fasson® 25% Hemp: A premium facestock made with 25% hemp and 75% post-consumer waste, it meets the demand for label materials containing both organic materials and recycled content. With 75% post-consumer waste, this label material contains significantly more than the 30% minimum recycled content of other products within Avery Dennison’s ClearIntent product portfolio — a portfolio that makes it easy for brand owners to improve the environmental impact of their packaging without sacrificing performance.
- 60# Fasson® Crush® Citrus Wet-Strength FSC®: A premium facestock, it is made with 15% citrus and 40% post-consumer waste.
- 60# Fasson® Crush® Barley Wet-Strength FSC®: A premium facestock, it is made with 15% barley and 40% post-consumer waste.
Also featured will be Avery Dennison’s NFC (Near Field Communication) Technology for Wine Label Consumer Engagement. Avery Dennison will share more about how NFC technology also enables a brand to share interactive, augmented reality experiences directly with consumers. This technology allows labels to share messaging, coupons, ads, special offers or educational information.
Avery Dennison’s North American Wine & Spirits Portfolio contains more than 150 label constructions featuring an expansive selection of unique facestocks and high-performing adhesives. The portfolio has been designed to provide brand owners and designers the outstanding shelf appeal and functionality needed for wine and spirits applications.
About Avery Dennison: Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.