HEALDSBURG, CA (September 18, 2019) – WALT Wines and BACA Wines, two leading luxury wine brands owned by Craig and Kathryn Walt Hall, have opened a new tasting room and vineyard in Healdsburg, CA. BACA Wines, led by Director Jennifer Brown, is a modern Zinfandel brand that celebrates adventure and pays tribute to the classic California grape. WALT Wines, led by General Manager Jeff Zappelli, is a luxury Pinot Noir and Chardonnay brand that celebrates Pinot grown along 1,000 miles of the Pacific Coast. Located at the crossroads of Russian River Valley (known for Pinot Noir) and Dry Creek Valley (known for Zinfandel), this new location will serve as the perfect home for WALT | BACA Tasting Room & Vineyard in Healdsburg, CA. It marks the third tasting room location for WALT and will serve as the premier tasting room for BACA’s luxury Zinfandels.
“We are so thrilled that BACA now has a home where Zinfandel lovers can come and experience our wines. We are so proud of this tasting room and all of the love that has gone into it,” says BACA Director Jennifer Brown. “BACA is all about adventure, and that can be experienced throughout our tasting room with games, our wines’ playful names or a walk through the expansive vineyards. Healdsburg is a special place – we could not be happier to call it home.”
The 1,800 square foot indoor tasting room space features a custom designed bar by artist Maggie Michael, which is inspired by the panoramic views of the vineyard that can be seen from the bar. The space also displays a 10-foot tall painting titled “Angel Falls” by Pat Steir and a custom wall mural by Rita MacDonald titled “Torque”. After experiencing the captivating artwork in the tasting room, guests can step outside for a breathtaking vineyard view of the 22-acre property which is primarily comprised of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
“It’s a perfect location. For BACA it’s an exciting debut in Healdsburg and WALT gains a unique view and new way to share 1,000 Miles of Pinot Noir. We are calling all Pinot Noir and Zinfandel fans to join these new and fun experiences!” says General Manager Jeff Zappelli. “We’re really thrilled and hope everyone will visit and try for themselves.”
- WALT TASTING, $25pp Guests will explore five current releases including single vineyard Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines spanning 1,000 Miles of Pinot, a concept designed to educate Pinot fans with vineyard sourcing and terroir. Book HERE.
- BACA TASTING, $25pp Guests can enjoy the five current release small production BACA Zinfandels in the artisan tasting room or on the terrace overlooking the vineyards. Book HERE.
- CROSSROADS TASTING, $35pp Guests will have access to taste through all three HALL Family Wine brands including BACA Zinfandel, WALT Pinot Noir and HALL Cabernet Sauvignon in a tasting that highlights current releases for each varietal and background about the Hall family. Book HERE.
- BACA SENSORY EXPERIENCE, $50pp Test your tasting skills with an interactive game that allows guests to guess and identify tasting notes in a flight of BACA Wines with their wine educator. This tasting consists of five BACA Wines and savory bites. Book HERE.
- ROOT 101, $60pp Root 101 is the signature food and wine pairing experience at WALT. This seated tasting includes six single vineyard Pinots paired with seasonal, locally sourced, farm-to-table bites. The experience aims to educate guests by exploring one’s palate as it relates to flavor profiles. Reservations are required. Book HERE.
WALT | BACA Tasting Room & Vineyard Healdsburg is home to a number of prominent, modern art pieces, such as:
- “Angel Falls”: Pat Steir
- “Anchoring Skies”: Maggie Michael
- “Torque”: Rita MacDonald
- Art Curator: Virginia Shore – Shore Art Advisory
WALT | BACA Tasting Room & Vineyard is located at 779 Westside Road, Healdsburg, CA 95448 and is open daily from 11AM- 5PM. Reservations for all tastings are encouraged, but walk-ins for the BACA, WALT, and Crossroads Tastings are welcome. For more information, please visit www.waltwines.com and www.bacawines.com, follow on social @waltwines and @bacawines, or by calling 707-721-8625.
WALT: 1,000 Miles of Pinot
WALT specializes in premier Pinot Noir and Chardonnay sourced from the most coveted vineyards along the Pacific Coast, spanning 1,000 miles from the Willamette Valley to the Sta. Rita Hills in Santa Barbara County. Led by Winemaker Megan Gunderson Paredes, WALT represents wines of a place – these special sites where thoughtful viticulture enables winemakers to create expressive wines that reflect the signature personality of each site. WALT farms three estate vineyards and partners with meticulous growers who aspire to share standards of quality. Owned by Craig and Kathryn Walt Hall, WALT honors Kathryn’s parents, Bob and Dolores Walt, who were grape growers in Mendocino County since 1972 and nurtured Kathryn’s passion for vineyards and wine. Guests can visit WALT at three tasting room locations including at the Sonoma Plaza located in Sonoma, CA, Healdsburg, CA and in the Oxbow district located in downtown Napa, CA. All three Tasting Rooms are open to the public. For more information, please visit www.waltwines.com or call (707) 933-4440. @waltwines #1000milesofpinot.
BACA: Life’s An Adventure.
Here’s To Those Who Drink It Up BACA produces California Zinfandel sourced from some of the state’s most notable vineyards located in Russian River Valley, Rockpile, Howell Mountain, and Paso Robles. Led by Winemaker Alison Frichtl Hollister and Director Jennifer Brown, the BACA wine portfolio includes five wines focused on complex, high quality Zinfandel wines named Cat’s Cradle, Tug O’ War, I Spy, Marbles and Double Dutch as well as a Rose of Zinfandel, Ring Around the Rose. BACA is part of the HALL Family Wine brands. For more information, please visit www.bacawines.com or by calling (707) 721-8625. @bacawines #forthezin.