New York, NY, September 5th 2019 — Wine Enthusiast Magazine announced today their candidates for the 20th Annual Wine Star Awards. This year marked the awards’ introduction of a new category: ‘Winery Experience’ recognizing the importance of outstanding enotourism in the wine industry.
VIK was one of five wineries nominated in the inaugural category, and the only Chilean winery honored with this recognition. Wine Enthusiast staff select award nominees, recognizing the wine and spirits industry’s most influential members. Wine Star Award winners will be announced October 31st, 2019 in the magazine’s Best-of-Year issue as well as honored at an annual black-tie gala.
Wineries founders, visionary entrepreneurs Alexander and Carrie Vik trail-blazed Chile’s Millahue Valley, planting the first commercial wine vines in 2006, opening their first retreat in 2014 and releasing the first VIK vintage to the public in 2013. “Awards like this recognize VIK is elevating and redefining what a luxury winery experience can be,” said the winery’s founder Carrie Vik. “They also show how close we are to achieving our goal of joining the pantheon of the world’s great wines.”
Day visitors and hotel guests can enjoy an experience at VIK in a diversity of extraordinary ways;
- Tasting a flight of exquisite wines at the altar of VIK.
- Travel the vineyard though the tastes of individual blocks.
- Exploring the stunning, architectural, and technologically cutting-edge winery with a guide.
- Mountain biking or horseback riding through vineyards and the 11,000-acre nature preserve.
- Enjoying the delights of the organic vegetable garden.
- Learning culinary techniques from VIK’s passionate chefs in a cooking class.
- Savoring the breathtaking vineyard and winery with mountain and valley views from the Pavilion restaurant at lunch paired with critically acclaimed VIK wines.
Guests staying at the property can choose from three spectacular accommodations;
- Vik Chile offers a vinotherapy spa, an outstanding culinary restaurant Milla Milla, and 22 singularly designed suites.
- Puro Vik, with its transparent glass bungalows, features dramatic grand panoramic views and living in nature while enjoying all the comforts, exquisite design and art-centric experiences.
- The Cabin is invitingly private in its ‘Scandinavia-meets-South-America’ contemporary chic style.
Meticulously curated and designed to delight, VIK offers experiences found nowhere else in the world. When in Chile a visit to VIK is a MUST, well beyond just wine lovers, VIK is for everyone. Winery day visits and overnight stays at VIK Chile Retreat can both be reserved at www.Vik.cl.