38 Celebrities Compete in the Thirteenth Annual Korbel Celebrity Spray-Off
July 15, 2019, Lake Tahoe, NV – Korbel California Champagne once again celebrated the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship with its thirteenth annual “Celebrity Spray-Off” held July 11, where NFL Quarterback Josh Allen took home top honors and $5,000 from the Korbel Toast Life® Foundation benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
As celebrities made their way to the 18th tee, Korbel challenged players to show off their best champagne-popping skills during the fan-favorite Celebrity Spray-Off as part of tournament festivities. Allen stole first place after shooting an 83-foot cork for the furthest distance of the day, breaking the all-time Korbel Spray-Off record.
This year’s competition brought together 38 players, all vying for the winning title to benefit charity. Contending participants included popular Comedian Rob Riggle with a second-place distance of 74 feet, followed by Former All-Pro Quarterback Trent Dilfer with a 70-foot cork, earning him third place in the competition. While participants are ultimately judged on cork distance, champagne-spray style added to the excitement and fun for players and spectators alike.
Although he was not crowned the winner, defending Spray-Off Champion and NBA MVP Stephen Curry returned for a chance to reclaim his title, although his cork shot fell short of the stiff competition. Other NBA stars Kyle Lowry and Charles Barkley made an appearance with locker room style champagne sprays while NFL pros Larry Fitzgerald, Brian Urlacher and Travis Kelce tossed long-distance corks for their chance to benefit charity.
“We’re thrilled to bring Korbel’s signature events to the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship each year, and it’s truly been exciting to see so many first-time participants as well as returning faces,” said Gary Heck, owner and president of Korbel Champagne Cellars. “Besides the spirited competition, the annual Spray-Off brings together friendly rivals for a good cause.”
Complete list of participants:
- Josh Allen NFL Quarterback: Buffalo Bills
- Marcus Allen NFL Hall of Fame Running Back
- Bret Baier FOX News Host and Chief Political Anchor
- Charles Barkley NBA Hall of Famer
- Jay Bilas ESPN College Basketball Analyst
- Roger Clemens Former MLB All Star Pitcher
- Dell Curry Former NBA Shooting Guard
- Steph Curry Golden State Warriors Two-Time NBA MVP
- Andy Dalton NFL Quarterback: Cincinnati Bengals
- Trent Dilfer Former Super Bowl Champion QB
- Dylan Dreyer Meteorologist, NBC News, Today Show
- Herm Edwards Arizona State Football Head Coach
- Larry Fitzgerald Arizona Cardinals Pro Bowl WR
- Doug Flutie Former NFL Pro Bowl QB
- Tom Glavine MLB Hall of Fame Pitcher
- Robbie Gould Placekicker: San Francisco 49ers
- AJ Hawk Former NFL Pro Bowl LB
- Kyle Lowry NBA All-Star PG: Toronto Raptors
- Joe Mauer Former All-Star MLB Catcher & AL MVP
- Jim McMahon Former NFL Pro Bowl QB
- Kevin Millar Former MLB Player, Current MLB Analyst
- Bode Miller Olympic Gold Medalist Alpine Skier
- Jordy Nelson Current NFL Wide Receiver
- Sean Payton NFL Head Coach: New Orleans Saints
- Doug Pederson NFL Head Coach: Philadelphia Eagles
- Alfonso Ribeiro Actor: Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Rob Riggle Actor/Comedian
- Joe Don Rooney Singer/Musician: Rascal Flatts
- Tyler Seguin NHL All Star: Dallas Stars Forward
- John Smoltz MLB Hall of Fame Pitcher
- Golden Tate Current WR: New York Giants
- Joe Theismann Former Super Bowl Champion QB
- Brian Urlacher NFL Hall of Fame LB
- Tim Wakefield Former MLB All-Star Pitcher
- DeMarcus Ware Former NFL Pro Bowl Linebacker
- David Wells Former MLB All Star Pitcher
- Travis Kelce NFL All-Pro Tight End: Kansas City Chiefs
- Jerome Bettis Former All-Pro Running Back
About the American Century Golf Championship
The 30th annual American Century Championship, a made-for-TV event owned and broadcast by NBC Sports, NBCSN and Golf Channel, is the premier celebrity golf tournament, which also raises funds for local and national charities. The competition features a purse of $600,000. The tournament is a 54-hole modified Stableford format that features some of sports’ and entertainment’s greatest celebrities.
This tournament is often referred to as the Super Bowl of celebrity golf with more than 90 sports and entertainment luminaires. Celebrity participants include Charles Barkley, Stephen Curry, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Alfonso Ribeiro, Jerry Rice, Rob Riggle and Larry the Cable Guy among many others.
Established in 1882 in Sonoma County’s Russian River Valley, Korbel Champagne Cellars produces the United States’ most popular méthode champenoise champagne. But, the true measure of Korbel’s success during its 137 years can be seen in the impact it’s had on American consumers and its presence at various celebrations throughout the years. Owned and managed by the Heck family since 1954, Korbel currently makes eleven California champagnes and a limited amount of still wine. In a separate facility, Korbel also produces one of the country’s most respected brandies.