(NAPA VALLEY, CA; March 19, 2019) – Blackbird Vineyards announces the arrival of the 2016 Blackbird Vineyards Illustration, Paramour and Contrarian Wines, a stellar vintage from Napa Valley.
“The stars aligned in 2016 to produce wines of wonderful concentration and balance. The wines have depth and will age beautifully. These wines are crafted with finesse, all the while showing incredible complexity. As providence would have it we have been blessed with a string of wonderful vintages from 2012 to 2018, surely 2016 will be remembered as one of the best.” -Winemaker, Aaron Pott
- 78% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Franc, and 1% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 94 Points
- 82% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 94 Points
- 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 29% Cabernet Franc and 7% Merlot
- 93+ Points
BlackMail is Blackbird Vineyards’ Wine Membership Program that allows members to take control of their wine collection. Curation allows customers to select their preferred Napa Valley wines, frequency and quantity, no strings attached. BlackMail is Napa Membership Uncompromised.
- Pricing in Perpetuity – Guaranteed price for life
- Bespoke Benefits – Our gift of one-of-a-kind Bespoke experiences
- BlackMail Wines – Access to limited edition, members only wines
- Premium Access – Acquire the entire portfolio of Blackbird Vineyard wines
- Complimentary Tastings – Private tasting experiences at RiverHouse in downtown Napa
About Blackbird Vineyards
Founded in 2003 by Michael Polenske, Blackbird Vineyards is an artisanal producer of Right-bank-inspired wines from the Napa Valley. Planted in 1997, the estate vineyard is located in the heart of the Oak Knoll District—a region appreciated for its moderate climate and deep, gravelly soils. The vineyard’s valley floor topography presents optimum growing conditions for winemaker, Aaron Pott, to produce elegantly-styled, appropriately-balanced red wines that offer short and long-term cellaring potential.