- This event has passed.
“I Can Do What?!” – New Winemaking Tools from Scott Labs
May 11 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDTFree
Scott Labs is the leader in enological innovation, driving research to create new, science-backed solutions for wine production. We are excited to share our newest applications, with an emphasis on helping producers address consumer demand for vegan and clean-crafted wines! Join our very own Darren Michaels on Tuesday, May 11th at 11am PST for a live webinar looking at our new products and live Q&A with Dr. Nichola Hall.
A preview of our new products and applications:
- New Nutrients
- STIMULA CABERNET™ – stimulates fruity aroma compounds in red wines
- STIMULA SYRAH™ – stimulates floral and spicy aromas in red wines
- Low-Input, Low-SO2 Winemaking
- INITIA™ – oxygen-scavenging non-Saccharomyces yeast to protect aroma and color, ideal for low chemical input winemaking.
- GLUTASTAR™ – the King of Natural Antioxidants, GLUTASTAR is a yeast derivative nutrient that protects and stabilizes wine color and aroma.
- Animal-Free Winemaking
- NO[OX] – animal-free, non-allergenic removal of oxidized characters in juice and wine
- QI’UP XC – animal-free, non-allergenic juice clarification fining aid
Join us Tuesday, May 11th at 11am PST / 2pm EST for 40 minutes of presentation followed by 20 minutes of discussion. We look forward to seeing you there!
Presenter: Dr. Nichola Hall
Dr. Hall hails from Scotland where she obtained both her undergraduate degree in Microbial Biotechnology and her PhD in Yeast Physiology. Over her 18 years in the wine industry she has spent time in wine production and quality control environments, as well as the enological supply side. Nichola is currently Technical Director for Scott Labs’ Fermentation & Enology department. Nichola is very involved in wine industry groups. She is an ASEV past president and past Co-Chair of the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium. Her winemaking interests vary, but she has a passion for aromatic whites. Her free time is spent both golfing and skiing, and enjoying the California sunshine.
Host: Darren Michaels
Darren joined Scott Labs in December 2019 and is focused on fermentation and process application support. Raised in California wine country, Darren earned a B.S. in Biochemistry from UC Santa Barbara, and performed antibody fermentations at Scripps Immunology before becoming a wine chemist at Trinchero Family Estates. He moved to manage the Central Coast offices of Vinquiry, and then became Lab Director of Enology & Quality at Terravant Wine Company, winemaking for custom crush and private label clients. After falling in love with the Columbia River Gorge, Darren moved to the Pacific Northwest. An active figure in the wine community, Darren has taught winemaking courses for VESTA and Allan Hancock Community College.