- This event has passed.
Managing Career Uncertainty Part 1: Preparing to Transition from the Restaurant Floor: Supplier Side Opportunities
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
What: SommCon®, a leading conference for the wine, beer, and spirits industry, hosts Managing Career Uncertainty Webinar Part 1: Preparing to Transition from the Restaurant Floor: Supplier Side Opportunities. The webinar is to be held via Zoom on Tuesday June 23, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.
COVID-19 has created a great deal of uncertainty in the sommelier community. Many things remain unclear such as if wine programs will be the same or if restaurants will have servers and sommeliers both working on the floor. During part one of the Managing Career Uncertainty webinar series, participants hear from sommeliers that have made the transition and managed their careers. Attendees learn from former sommeliers about opportunities available as well as obstacles they have faced along the way. Christopher Pappe, an active recruitment executive, highlights what a recruiter looks for in candidates for top paying jobs.
The webinar is free to members of the trade with the option to make a payment in support of The Somm Relief Project, an initiative that provides grants and funding to individual members of the trade impacted by COVID-19 and non-profit organizations in the wine and spirits industry that are financially supporting personally affected individuals.
The Somm Relief Fund is supported by:
- The SOMM Journal
- The Tasting Panel Magazine
- Lede Family Wines
- Banfi Vinters Foundation
- Boisset Collection
Speakers for the webinar include:
- Christopher Pappe | CRP Trade Solutions; Former National Sales Manager, Dutton Goldfield Winery; Former Director of Restaurants, Four Seasons
- Emmanuel Kemiji MS | Owner, Miura Vineyards; Former Wine Director, Ritz Carlton Hotels
- Aaron Patrick MS | Director of Business Development, Republic National Distributing Company; Former Beverage Director, Bourbon Steak, Wingtip
- Bernard Sun | Luxury Accounts Manager, Kobrand Corporation; Former Corporate Beverage Director, Jean Georges Management Group
- Will Costello MS | Export Manager, Miller Family Wine Company; Estates Ambassador, Bien Nacido and Solomon Hills Wines; Former Wine Director, Manderin Oriental, Las Vegas; Former Sommelier, Addison Del Mar Hotel
- Brooke Barnett | Regional Director of Sales, Kistler Vineyards; Former Director of Hospitality, Kistler Vineyards; Former Wine Director and Sommelier, Megu Restaurant Group
- Geoff Labitzke MW, Director of Sales, Kistler Vineyards; Former Director of Fine Wine, Young’s Market Company; Former Imports Manager, Wine Warehouse
When and Where: June 23, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PDT via Zoom.
Sign Up: Visit HERE to register. The webinar will also be available for download on the SommConfidential Blog, located on the SommCon® website, for those unable to attend live.