- This event has passed.
The Inside Story of a Wine Competition
September 26, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm PDT
Gourmet 3-course Lunch
Featuring guest speaker Debra Del Fiorentino, Sommelier, CWP, CSW, and president of Wine Competitions Management & Productions, this Listen, Learn & Lunch event focuses on how to use wine competitions as part of wine marketing strategy and tactics. In addition to judging wine competitions for more than 20 years, Debra is also a vineyard owner and the founder of SPIRITED, a magazine devoted to the beer, wine, spirits and cider industry.
Why do some wines always go home with the gold? Get the inside story of how wine competitions work with our guest speaker, Debra Del Fiorentino. Whether or not you use wine competitions as part of your winery’s brand strategy, understanding the differences between them, and forecasting (by crystal ball) your gold medal wins, can be a daunting challenge.
YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO
- Evaluate which competitions align best with your own winery’s marketing goals
- Identify competitions that match with your winery’s winemaking style
- Choose which wines to submit to different competitions
- Learn how judges evaluate submitted wines
- How competitions maintain ethical standards
- What makes a wine “Best in Class”
- How judging rounds are conducted from preliminary to Sweepstakes
GOURMET LUNCH MENU
St. Francis Winery Voted #1 Restaurant in America by OpenTable Diners in 2013 & 2015!
3-Course Food and Wine Pairing by Executive Chef Bryan Jones
- ROSE COMPRESSED SUMMER MELONS
- Goat Cheese Panna Cotta | Streusel | Spicy Watermelon Gelee
- 2016 ROSE WINE, SONOMA VALLEY
- GRILLED NY STRIPLOIN
- Smoked Crispy Potatoes |Tomatillo Sauce
- Black Garlic Aoli | Garden Greens
- 2014 CABERNET SAUVIGNON, MOON MOUNTAIN DISTRICT, SONOMA COUNTY
- BROWN SUGAR PAVLOVA WITH ROASTED FIGS
- Saffron Crème Anglaise | Candied Almonds | Raspberries
- 2014 EXTENDED AGE CHARDONNAY, BEHLER VINEYARD, SONOMA VALLEY
Please arrive on time (with business cards for sharing) to respect other guests’ time.
Very Limited Seating. Reserve Early.