- This event has passed.
2019 Ahead of the Curve – Supporting the Preservation of Agriculture
January 23 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm PST$250 – $350
On Wednesday, January 23, the Napa Valley Grapegrowers will present Ahead of the Curve 2019: Supporting the Preservation of Agriculture. This half-day symposium and luncheon offers a unique opportunity to learn from global leaders in agriculture, sustainability, leadership, wine trends, and demographics, as they provide thought-provoking inspiration to help shape how we will preserve and promote Napa Valley’s vineyards for many generations to come.
“What makes Napa Valley so special is our commitment to agriculture and excellence in sustainable farming practices. However, the pressures on our industry as we contend with challenges related to climate, water, labor, changing consumer trends, and community perception have never been greater. The experts presenting at Ahead of the Curve 2019 are far and away the best assembly of leaders to address these issues and provide invaluable insight to our industry,” said Remi Cohen, Chief Operating Officer, Lede Family Wines & Chair, Ahead of the Curve Steering Committee.
Moderated by DLynn Proctor, director at Fantesca Estate & Winery and named ‘Best Sommelier in America’ by Wine and Spirits Magazine, Ahead of the Curve 2019 is proud to feature the following presentations:
Ahead of the Curve 2019 agenda
- Standing up for Agriculture – A Case Study, presented by Tim Johnson, President & CEO, California Rice Commission
- Keeping Napa Relevant, presented by Margareth Henriquez, President and Chief Executive Officer, Krug
- Sustainability Certifications – Why They Matter, presented by Bonnie Holman, Program Manager, Sustainability Certifications, SCS Global Services
- More Good, Less Bad: Redefining the Way We Think About Sustainability, presented by Jeffrey Hollender, Co-Founder & former CEO, Seventh Generation and Co-Founder & CEO, Hollender Sustainable Brands LLC
- Transforming Wine: How Changing Consumer Behaviors are Revolutionizing How We Sell and Market Wine into the Future, presented by Paul Mabray, CEO, Emetry.io
- Finding Your Happiness at Work and Sustaining Positive Cultural Change, presented by Eric Karpinski, The Happiness Coach, Good Think Inc.