Nonprofit Now Accepting Leadership Retreat Scholarship Applications for Women in Wine & Spirits Industry
Paso Robles, CA—The annual Dream Big Darling Leadership Retreat may be going virtual this fall, but its impact still promises to be profound for up-and-coming women in the wine and spirits industry.
Indeed, the 2020 Dream Big Darling Leadership Retreat on October 22-23 will be a multi-day virtual experience featuring notable speakers, workshops, networking and more—all with the goal of fostering professional development and career opportunities across the industry. The retreat will feature an all-star cast of speakers touching on a range of personal and professional development topics.
Dream Big Darling is a nonprofit dedicated to fostering the success of women in the wine and spirits industry through mentorship, education, life enhancement and professional retreats.
“Our inaugural leadership retreat last fall was a huge success that proved to be a pivotal moment in the lives of our scholarship winners,” said Amanda Wittstrom-Higgins, founder of Dream Big Darling. “This year, we are doing everything we can to replicate that impact within a virtual environment.”
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Dream Big Darling is inviting interested wine and spirits professionals to apply for full-ride scholarships to the retreat. The application can be accessed at www.dreambigdarling.org/virtual-retreat-2020. Approximately 30 scholarships will be awarded to top applicants.
Each scholarship attendee will be sent an interactive kit that will bring the experience to life. They will also receive a $150 stipend for lodging at a Dream Big Darling partner hotel in their hometown, allowing them to escape their daily routine and focus on the experience for the duration of the retreat.
“This will be much more than a typical one-dimensional Zoom conference,” Wittstrom-Higgins said. “We are developing interactive, thought-provoking activities that will foster self-exploration and create a deeper connection with one another.”
Azura Tirozzi, a fine wine and spirits consultant for Winebow, was a 2019 retreat scholarship winner and said that this year’s attendees can anticipate a life-changing experience.
“This retreat is an amazing opportunity for personal and professional growth, and I came away from it completely inspired,” she said. “I cannot recommend it enough.”
2020 Featured Speakers
The 2020 Dream Big Darling Leadership Retreat will span two days and feature the following luminaries from the wine and spirits industry:
- Amy Hoopes, President, Wente Family Estates
- Stacie Jacob, Chief Strategist, Solterra Strategies & Founding DBD Board Member
- Jayne Portnoy, Founder, JP Consulting Group + The Pen2Paper Project Marketing
- Erin Kirschenmann, Managing Editor, Wine Business Monthly
- Maeve Pesquera, Senior Vice President, DAOU Family Estates
- Abigail Lopez: Business Development Level 4 Coastal Logistics at G3 Enterprises
- Regine Rousseau, CEO, Shall We Wine
- Madeline Triffon, Master Sommelier
- Cathy Huyghe, Co-Founder, Enolytics
- Cynthia Lohr, Co-Owner & Chief Brand Officer, J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
- Rachel Collier, VP of National Accts & Chief Strategic Officer, Dream Big Darling
- Melodee Crank, Oyster Ridge Event Manager & Chief Operations Officer, Dream Big Darling
- Amanda Wittstrom Higgins, EVP, Ancient Peaks Winery & President, Dream Big Darling
For complete retreat details, visit: www.dreambigdarling.org/virtual-retreat-2020
About Dream Big Darling
Our mission is to engage, inspire and mentor the next generation of leaders in the wine and spirits industry. Visit DreamBigDarling.org.