North America’s leading wine and spirits exhibition returns to Jacob K. Javits Convention Center March 4-5, 2019
NEW YORK – Dec. 17, 2018 – A robust schedule of special features, master classes and conferences is shaping up for Vinexpo New York , which returns to Jacob K. Javits Convention Center March 4-5, 2019 after a successful 2018 debut. Jointly organized with Diversified Communications, the leading international exhibition for wine and spirits professionals in North America brings together international and domestic producers and importers, distributors, retailers, brokers, e-commerce representatives, on-trade buyers and sommeliers, for two days of business meetings, educational programming, tastings and networking. Registration is open now at www.vinexponewyork.com.
Details of several new features and educational sessions have been revealed as follows:
- Conferences: Educational programming at Vinexpo New York will also include a robust schedule of conferences on trending topics. Among them: Wine Intelligence and Women of the Vine & Spirits Present: The Truth Behind Gender and Global Wine Consumption. In this March 5 session, Lulie Halstead, CEO of Wine Intelligence, will discuss the results of a recently published report that examines, for the first time, the truths and myths underlying how men and women approach and interact with wine. Other conferences on the schedule include:
- Global Climate Change and the Wine Industry
- Wine Spectator Presents: Current Trends in the U.S. Wine Market
- Emerging Technologies in the Wine & Spirits Industry
- Wine Spectator Presents: The Role of Imports in the U.S. Wine Market
- Whiskey Advocate Presents: What is a Craft Spirit?
- Master Classes: A full slate of master classes is also shaping up for both days of the show. On Monday, March 4, Austrian Wine Marketing Board(AWMB) will host a master class introducing the top wines of 16 Austrian producers, many of which are new to the U.S. market. And on Tuesday, March 5, Pedro Ballesteros Torres, MW of DOP Cariñena will take master class attendees on a deep dive into garnacha, its varietal characteristics, how it performs in different regions and terroir around the globe, and how renowned producers worldwide interpret it. He will also address its resurgence, current market trends, and future prospects. Details on additional master classes will be announced as the exhibition approaches, with presenters including Crus Bourgeois du Médoc, Syndicate Général des Vignerons de la Champagne, Côtes de Bordeaux, and Wines of Garnacha/Grenache.
- Educator-led tasting sessions with Wine & Spirit Education Trust: Vinexpo New York is also partnering with the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the world’s leading provider of wine and spirits qualifications, to provide educational content throughout the show, including tasting sessions delivered by WSET certified industry experts. WSET will also share details of its new WSET Diploma in Wines qualification program, which will launch in August 2019. Aspiring diploma candidates will be invited to attend the first in a series of information seminars on the program. A full listing of WSET sessions will be confirmed at www.vinexponewyork.com/wset in the coming weeks.
- Renaissance des Appellations exhibit and tastings: On Monday, March 4, Renaissance des Appellations will showcase the Biodynamic® wines of 62 of its members, who are dedicated to producing wine of “high quality with great originality” that fully express their terroir. The exhibit and tastings will be located in the exhibit hall.
- Wine Spectator 90+ Club Tasting Bar: Vinexpo New York and Wine Spectator are partnering to present a tasting bar highlighting wines at the expo that have been rated 90+ points (“outstanding” on the 100-point scale) by the prestigious wine magazine.
- WOW! World of Organic Wines: Devoted exclusively to organic and Biodynamic® wines and spirits from around the world, this exhibit and tasting area was first introduced at Vinexpo Bordeaux and makes its New York debut this March. With 30% of U.S. wine consumers interested in organic wines, and U.S. sales up 12%, the new pavilion has earned a prominent location in the exhibit hall.
In addition to these new events, signature offerings like Vinexpo’s complimentary One to Wine Meetings matchmaking service will return to New York in 2019.
For more information or to register to attend, visit www.vinexponewyork.com.
Since its establishment in Bordeaux in 1981, on the initiative of Bordeaux Gironde’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Vinexpo has been a leading organizer of events for the wine and spirits industry. In 37 years, Vinexpo has developed a unique understanding of the market and an extensive network of key distributors around the World. The brand currently runs exhibitions in four set locations (Bordeaux, Hong Kong, New York and soon Paris), and the touring event Vinexpo Explorer. The Group also publishes every year the Vinexpo/IWSR Report, which is the most comprehensive survey of the global consumption of wine and spirits. For more information, visit www.vinexpo.com. Join Vinexpo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities and digital and print publications. As producers of these market-leading products, Diversified Communications connects, educates and strengthens business communities in over 14 industries, including: food and beverage, healthcare, natural and organic, business management and technology. Established in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA with divisions and offices around the world, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third generation, family-owned business. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.