Film Screening Followed By Q&A with Cast Members and Producer Jackson Myers
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, CA – September 4, 2018– The Santa Barbara Vintners and Solvang Conference & Visitors Bureau are happy to present the premiere screening of SOMM 3 in Santa Barbara County during Celebration of Harvest Weekend. With harvest in full swing, October 12-14, 2018 is officially designated “Celebration of Harvest Weekend,” three days of special wine and food events taking place throughout Santa Barbara Wine Country.
A highlight of the Celebration of Harvest weekend is the first public premiere of SOMM 3, the latest addition to the successful SOMM film franchise. This premiere will take place on Saturday, October 13th at 8pm under the stars, in the Solvang Festival Theater, 420 Second Street, Solvang. After the film screening, a Q&A will follow with cast members and Producer Jackson Myers. Net proceeds from this event will benefit the Santa Barbara Vintners.
SOMM 3 is the highly anticipated follow-up to the influential films SOMM and its sequel SOMM: Into the Bottle. Like the previous two films, SOMM 3 has unprecedented access to the highest levels of the wine world.
While three of the greatest legends of wine meet in Paris to drink the rarest bottles of their careers, the best blind tasters in the world gather in New York City to settle an age-old argument about wine. In the end, the past and present slam into each other and the results could change the world of wine forever. The all-star cast includes some of the wine world’s most respected figures including Steven Spurrier, the man responsible for staging the 1976 “Judgment of Paris,” wine critic Jancis Robinson MW, renowned Master Sommelier Fred Dame, as well as Santa Barbara County’s own Rajat Parr, Partner/Proprietor of Sandhi and Domaine de la Côte.
In addition to the SOMM 3 Premiere, the Celebration of Harvest weekend includes several other unique events:
Friday, October 12th
- Open House with futures tasting and complimentary appetizers at Lions Peak tasting room (all weekend)
- Special harvest wine flight tastings at Foxen Vineyard & Winery (all weekend)
Saturday, October 13th
- Solvang Grape Stomp Festival, a harvest street festival in downtown Solvang complete with a traditional grape stomp where participants can taste from dozens of area wineries, dance to two live bands, drink pink in the “I Love Rosé Lounge” and purchase food from popular area eateries. Tickets are$75/person ($100 VIP tickets for early admission) and include entry to the festival, opportunity to stomp grapes, a glass for wine tasting & souvenir
- A Harvest Lunch with winemaker Justin Willet at Tyler Winery (includes a welcome reception, wine tasting & lunch), $75/person
- A Master Sommelier Dinner with Will Costello at Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Estates $125/person
- Winemaker Dinner with Wes Hagen and J.Wilkes at Root 246
- Join Winemakers Greg Brewer, Lane Tanner, and Dick Doré in a food pairing dinner with library pinots from Santa Barbara County at Pico at The Los Alamos General Store, by reservation only
- Join Lucas & Lewellen in a Winemaker Dinner with Megan McGrath Gates at Petros in Solvang, $100/person
Sunday, October 14th
- Master Live Music by Kimber Springs and Jess Jones at Riverbench Vineyard
Tickets for the SOMM 3 premiere are $25 and will be available online using the link below. For guests who attend Solvang Stomp earlier that Saturday, there is a $5 discount for the movie premiere tickets when purchased as a package.
SOMM 3 premiere tickets: https://nightout.com/events/somm-3-premiere-at-solvang-festival-theater/tickets
For additional information on events happening during Celebration of Harvest please visit: www.celebrationofharvest.com
SANTA BARBARA VINTNERS
The Santa Barbara Vintners (Santa Barbara County Vintners Association) is a non-profit 501 (c) 6 organization founded in 1983 to support and promote Santa Barbara County as a world-class, authentic wine producing and wine grape growing region. The Association includes winery members whose annual production is at least 75% Santa Barbara County (or sub-AVA) labeled, winery associates, vineyards, vineyard management companies, hospitality, and industry associate members. The Association produces festivals and wine country weekends; educational seminars and tastings; provides information to consumers, trade, and media; and advocates for the Santa Barbara County wine and grape industry. www.sbcountywines.com