Package includes two nights in the Stewart Cellars owner’s apartment in downtown Yountville, a private tasting in the NOMAD Heritage Library of the first ever NOMAD Collection and an in-depth preview of terroir and attributes of each of the six Beckstoffer Heritage Vineyards
Yountville, CA, August 22, 2018 – A new luxurious limited release wine line-up and experience is now available in the Napa Valley. Stewart Cellars today unveiled their new NOMAD Wine Collection and Experience. This is the inaugural release of the NOMAD Cabernet Sauvignons from each of the 6 Beckstoffer Heritage Vineyards. The Stewart family started the project with Andy Beckstoffer’s Las Piedras Vineyard in 2005, and on September 1, 2018, the full collection of six NOMAD wines will be released for the first time.
The NOMAD experience starts with a private tasting in the NOMAD Heritage Library where guests taste through library vintages of Stewart NOMAD Cabernet Sauvignon. On the second day, guests depart on an early morning tour of any or all six Beckstoffer Heritage Vineyards in a luxury SUV and a member of the Stewart Family, will give an in-depth preview on the terroir, farming techniques, and unique attributes of each vineyard. Upon returning to the tasting hall, guests will enjoy lunch by Southside on the NOMAD patio, followed by a tasting of Stewart Cellars NOMAD collection wines, each from an individual Heritage vineyard.
“The Beckstoffer Heritage Vineyards are some of the most unparalleled Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards in California, if not the world,” said Blair Guthrie, Winemaker at Stewart Cellars. “This wine release and one-of-a-kind experience is truly a journey through these prestigious vineyards and an understanding of the terroir and details that goes into producing these single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons.”
The NOMAD Collection Series Details
On September 1st, Stewart Cellars launches their first ever single-vineyard collection using the following Andy Beckstoffer’s famed heritage vineyards. Each bottle of the 2016 NOMAD is priced at $175.
- To Kalon Vineyard – The most famous of the Beckstoffer Vineyards in Oakville. Andy Beckstoffer acquired the vineyard in 1993 and replanted in 1994 to multiple clones of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
- Dr. Crane Vineyard – Located west of Highway 29 in St. Helena, Andy Beckstoffer replanted 25 acres in 1998 to multiple clones of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, and Cabernet Franc.
- Las Piedras Vineyard – In 1983, Beckstoffer Vineyards purchased the 25-acres and replanted it with two clones of Cabernet Sauvignon. This vineyard is located on the foot of Spring Mountain in St. Helena and produces mineral driven Sauvignon Blanc. It is also known as ‘little pebbles.’
- Missouri Hopper Vineyard – Located in Oakville, Beckstoffer purchased the 45-acre vineyard in 1996. The vineyard was replanted in 1997 with 87% Cabernet Sauvignon and 13% Merlot.
- Georges III Vineyard – Situated in the Rutherford Bench, George III Vineyard was purchased by Andy Beckstoffer in 1988 and replanted in 1990 with new Cabernet Sauvignon clones.
- Bourn Vineyard – Andy Beckstoffer purchased the 13.5 acres in 2010. He replanted the vineyard with old growth Petit Syrah and various clones of Cabernet Sauvignon. This vineyard is located south of St. Helena on the west side of Highway 29.
The NOMAD Experience Details
The NOMAD Experience is available throughout the year with advanced booking. Guests can book the experience by calling Stewart Cellars directly at (707) 238-4298. The experience costs $5,000 for two individuals. The full deposit is required to book and will be applied to any NOMAD 2016 purchase.
About Stewart Cellars
Founded in 2000, Stewart Cellars is the collaborative project of founder Michael Stewart, his son James Stewart, daughter Caroline Stewart Guthrie, and son-in-law Blair Guthrie. Together, the family oversees all aspects of the winery’s operations: James, an artist who left behind a burgeoning career in television and music for hands-on work in sales, marketing and distribution; Caroline, who leads the day to day operations along with each wine’s development; and Blair, the winemaker who works closely alongside acclaimed consulting winemaker Paul Hobbs to capture the singular site signatures of Stewart’s premier vineyard sources. Stewart Cellars produces eight wines including their flagship NOMAD Beckstoffer Las Piedras Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma Mountain Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, Napa Valley Merlot, Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley Rosé, Napa Valley Tartan Red Blend and a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Their new tasting room is located at 6752 Washington Street, Yountville, CA. For more information, please visit stewartcellars.com, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, @StewartCellars.