First to use technology and dedicated personalized service providing visibility and putting consumers back in the driver’s seat on wine deliveries
DALLAS, TX– June 11, 2018 – Premium Wine Delivery is revolutionizing last mile shipping for wineries in Napa and Sonoma by providing the first delivery platform to allow a winery to control the entire wine logistics chain with real-time tracking, live updates and notifications from the tasting room to the consumer’s living room.
“I was blown away by Premium Wine Delivery’s white glove delivery service,” said Amy Gross, CEO and Founder of VineSleuth/Wine4.Me Unlike other delivery services, I knew exactly when the wine was coming, so I could be there to accept delivery. The communication was top-notch and unlike anything I had experienced in this space. Premium Wine Delivery makes it so much more convenient to order wine!”
The Amazon-effect has changed customers’ expectation also in wine delivery. Fast, flexible, full visible and customer-centered delivery has become a standard today. With consumers spending more than $2.69 billion on Direct-to-Consumer (DtC) wine shipments in 2017, according to the 2018 Wine Shipping Report, an annual collaboration between Sovos and Wines & Vines, and with 8.18 percent of that spend in Texas alone, there remains an opportunity for innovation and disruption for a new shipping model.
Features of Premium Wine Delivery include:
- Price based on quantity and frequency of shipments and PWD matches FedEx/UPS Ground pricing
- Full Insurance including heat, cold or any other kind of damage
- Flat Rates (no additional fees such as adult signature, residential address, rescheduling and more)
- Year-round, temperature controlled delivery from California to Texas, including the critical last mile
- Delivery on evenings and weekends
- Amazon-like Delivery Platform including live tracking, two-ways text/email notifications and Proof of Delivery with geolocation and pictures
“After years of wineries and consumers having a shipping process that was archaic, not service focused and with limited visibility, we have shifted that model by using technology that is fast, visible, modern, and friendly, said Melanie Ofenloch, co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer. “Our goal for Premium Wine Delivery is to extend the brand experience the customer had at the winery to when they receive their wine at home.”
Premium Wine Delivery is licensed as a TABC carrier authorized to deliver wine in State of Texas.