March 8, 2018 (NEW YORK) – Head Bartender Leanne Favre of Clover Club and Leyenda, was the winner of yesterday’s Cava Mixology Competition in New York for her original cocktail, Othello’s Envy.
Organized by the Consejo Regulador de Cava, Spain’s premier sparkling wine region, the competition received entrants from top bartenders all over New York. A team of expert judges selected among the top five the winning cocktail during a live competition at The Bennett.
The five competition judges were:
- Pedro Bonet the President of theConsejo Regulador de Cava
- Nick Bennett of Porchlight
- Sarah Tracey of Rouge Tomate
- Kara Newman of Wine Enthusiast
- Carly Ziff of Tastes Better Here
The five competing bartenders and their respective cocktails were:
- Eileen Wilson of The Nomad Bar- The Love Note
- Devin Kennedy of Cote-Full Bloom
- Jake Cohen: Content Creator/Recipe Developer – There Will Be Blood Orange
- WilliamPasternak of Blacktail NYC – Number One Best Cellar
- Leanne Favre of Clover Club& Leyenda – Othello’s Envy
All five competitors received a cash prize, with the winner receiving a check for $1000 and the opportunity to compete at the finals of the international competition in Barcelona against winners from London, Barcelona, Madrid, and more. The second-place contestant, William Pasternak of BlackTail Bar, also will compete in the finals in Barcelona.
Winners Leanne Favre and William Pasternak with Judges