The organization seeks a champion to lead Santa Barbara Wine Country following a strategic retreat and a new Board of Directors
Members invited to share opinions at focus groups August 30-31 and Sept. 1
August 25, 2017 – (Buellton, CA) – The Santa Barbara Vintners, the countywide non-profit 501(c) 6 organization, announces the search for its Executive Director.
The search follows new appointments of the Board of Directors, whose term began in July, as well as a strategic planning retreat held earlier this month to align priorities and set the organization’s future direction.
Key priorities for the organization’s leader include: the ability to strategically lead, market and brand Santa Barbara wines, the ability to secure financial independence, and build consensus among members, strategic partners and the community. The Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic individual to champion their organization.
“We wanted to take a strong look at the organization and identify the opportunities we see in the next 3-5 years for Santa Barbara wines,” said Matt Murphy, president of the Santa Barbara Vintners and owner of Presqu’ile Vineyard & Winery. “Then, we can match that focus to the skills and personality of our future leader.”
Advancing the awareness of Santa Barbara wines is the ultimate focus for the regional wine group. How this initiative will translate into core programs is still being discussed among Santa Barbara Vintners’ members. As a key next step to the planning process, the organization announced a series of focus groups to hear members’ ideas on how they want their organization working on their behalf. All members, and those interested in joining, are invited to attend one of the following scheduled focus group discussions:
Wednesday, August 30:
- 1-2:30 pm – Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard, 6200 Foxen Canyon Rd, Los Olivos
- 4-5:30 pm – The Chumash Casino Resort, San Miguel Room, 3400 East Highway 246, Santa Ynez
Thursday, August 31:
- 9-10:30 am – Melville Winery, 5185 E. Highway 246, Lompoc
- 1-2:30 pm – The Chumash Casino Resort, San Miguel Room
- 4-5:30 pm – Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard
Friday, September 1:
- 9-10:30 am – Santa Barbara Winery, 202 Anacapa St., Santa Barbara
Industry members are encouraged to attend, meet members of the Board and offer their ideas to shape the future of the Santa Barbara Vintners. Please RSVP by picking a date and location best for you and your schedule: CLICK HERE FOR RSVP FORM
The Board of Directors for 2017 – 2018:
- Matt Murphy, Presqu’ile Vineyard & Winery – President
- Charles “AJ” Fairbanks, Dierberg / Star Lane
- Tara Gomez, Kita
- Kathleen Griffith, Flying Goat Cellars
- Stephen Janes, PENCE
- Sonja Magdevski, Casa Dumetz
- Ross Rankin, Imagine Wine
- Denise Shurtleff, Cambria Wine Estate
- Peter Work, Ampelos Cellars
To apply for the Executive Director position, please submit your resume to [email protected]. The job description and more information about Santa Barbra Vintners can be found at www.sbcountywines.com.