Unparalleled Behind-the-Scenes Access to The Kentucky Derby, Hamilton, Hello Dolly! with Bette Midler, the ESPYs, And Sonoma’s Most Elusive Wines Are Available to Bidders at the 2017 Sonoma County Wine Auction
Sonoma County’s largest charitable giving event, chaired by Barbara R. Banke of Jackson Family Wines, takes place September 15 – 16, 2017
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (August 23, 2017) – The Sonoma County Vintners and Barbara R. Banke, the 2017 Sonoma County Wine Auction Chair, are thrilled to announce this year’s much-anticipated auction lots, set to cause a flurry of bidding at the Sonoma County Wine Auction this September.
Presented by Visa Signature® and sponsored by Jackson Family Wines and TricorBraun WinePak, guests at the Sonoma County Wine Auction will have the opportunity to bid on an expertly curated collection of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, highly sought-after wines and unparalleled behind-the-scenes access to popular events:
- 2017 Sonoma County Wine Auction Chair Barbara Banke – Chairman and Proprietor of Jackson Family Wines and one of America’s top thoroughbred owners and breeders – leads the charge with a fabulous package that includes a weekend at the Kentucky Derby.
- Knights Bridge Winery, Dr. Jeffrey P. Hays and Mrs. Carole Shorenstein Hays have teamed up to present an exceptional jaunt to London that includes meeting the cast of Hamilton.
- Fans of the incomparable Bette Midler will get to see the star play Auntie Mame in Hello, Dolly! and enjoy a backstage reception with the cast of the Tony Award Winner for Best Musical, Dear Evan Hansen – complemented by stellar wines from Williams Selyem that are only available to members on their list.
- Gourmands will vie for an adventurous package that combines truffle hunting with a collection of 100-point wines from Vérité Wines.
- Film aficionados have the chance to win VIP access to the 45th Telluride Film Festival courtesy of Hamel Family Wines.
- An MVP experience at the ESPYs including access to the Players’ Party, is paired with large format Williams Selyem wines that are only available on allocation
- Aviation buffs will compete for the chance to tour the Pacific Coast in a World War II-era DC-3 owned by the founders of Benovia Winery.
Named one of the top charitable wine auctions nationally by Wine Spectator, the two-day affair kicks off on Friday, September 15 with an exclusive Preview Party at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens and intimate dinners hosted by local vintners. The auction, which has raised $24 million for charity partners in Sonoma County, takes place on Saturday, September 16 at the stunning La Crema Estate at Saralee’s Vineyard, followed by an al fresco dinner.
“Sonoma County is home to exceptional vintners who have devoted a great deal of time and resources to create unique experiences for our bidders, who are flying in from all over the country,” said Barbara Banke, 2017 Auction Chair and Chairman & Proprietor of Jackson Family Wines. “We’re proud to come together for the Sonoma County Wine Auction to promote Sonoma County, our wines, and to support our non-profit community partners who work so hard to give Sonoma County a strong foundation for the future.”
For more information about the 2017 Sonoma County Wine Auction, please visit www.sonomacountywineauction.com
Since its inception, the Sonoma County Wine Auction has raised $24 million for organizations that benefit students, children, and people in need in Sonoma County. It is the region’s largest charitable giving event, and it supports more non-profits than any other fundraising event in the county, working with more than 70 local charities to promote vital health and human services, exceptional arts and culture, environmental preservation and critical early childhood education programs.
A particular focus of the Auction is “Fund the Future” which supports innovative literacy programs for elementary school students, designed to engage children, promote school readiness and develop reading proficiency in school districts throughout the county.
The Sonoma County Wine Auction weekend package is priced at $2,500 per person, including access to the events listed below. Visa Signature and Visa Infinite® cardholders receive discounted tickets and complimentary shipping for wine lots purchased at the Sonoma County Wine Auction.
- Preview Party at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens (Friday, September 15) – Sonoma County’s top winemakers will share reserve wines, exquisite farm-to-table small bites, and sneak peeks of the live auction lots
- Vintner-Hosted Dinners (Friday, September 15) – Several wineries throughout Sonoma County will be hosting exclusive, one-of-a-kind dinners for weekend package holders
- Sonoma County Wine Auction at La Crema Estate at Saralee’s Vineyard (Saturday, September 16) – The event begins with a reception and auction lot preview from Noon to 2 p.m., followed by the live auction from 2:15 – 5 p.m. and concludes with a beautiful al fresco dinner from 5 – 7 p.m.
For further information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.sonomacountywineauction.com.
Follow on Social Media:
About The 2017 Sonoma County Wine Auction
About Jackson Family Wines
Jackson Family Wines (JFW) is a family-owned and run company that crafts award-winning wines of distinct character and quality. With a focus on sustainable viticulture practices, responsible vineyard and natural resource management and unparalleled winemaking, the family’s collection comprises more than 50 renowned brands, with substantial winery and vineyard holdings throughout the premier wine-growing regions of California and Oregon. JFW also crafts fine wines from Australia, Chile, France, Italy and South Africa. Founded in 1982 by wine pioneer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Jess Jackson, Jackson Family Wines and its wineries are led by Chairman Barbara Banke and the Jackson family. Learn more at jacksonfamilywines.com.
The Sonoma County Wine Auction is presented by Visa Signature®
Visa Signature and Visa Infinite cardholders enjoy a range of benefits that provide special access and can save money. In addition to points, miles, cash back and other premium rewards offered by issuers, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite cardholders also enjoy perks such as 24/7 complimentary concierge services, the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection and exclusive offers for fine wine and food, travel and sports. For more information on Visa Signature, Visa Infinite and other Visa offerings, please visit Visa.com.
About TricorBraun WinePak
TricorBaun WinePak has offices in Northern and Southern California, Oregon, Washington, Canada and Mexico. It has been serving the wine industry since 1982 and is the premier wine packaging supplier in North America, supplying packaging components including stock & custom bottles from domestic & global sources, Stelvin™ closures, capsules. Their on-site QA lab & experts ensures the highest quality. The company’s facilities include a $2 million repacking system that automatically transfers wine bottles from eight-foot high stacks of pallets to individual wineries’ custom, 12-bottle cartons, offering the most flexibility in packaging options. TricorBraun WinePak is a division of TricorBraun (www.TricorBraun.com), one of North America’s largest providers of bottles, jars, and other rigid packaging components. To learn more visit: TricorBraun WinePak.
About La Crema
La Crema was founded in 1979 as La Crema Viñera, meaning “Best of the Vine.” For more than 35 years, the winery has focused exclusively on cool-climate coastal appellations, where ocean winds and fog allow grapes to ripen slowly on the vine. Using boutique, time-intensive techniques to produce distinctively balanced and elegant wines, La Crema combines consistent high quality and elegant flavor with a modern cosmopolitan personality. For more information, visit LaCrema.com.
About Sonoma County Vintners
Sonoma County Vintners (SCV) is the leading voice of Sonoma County wine, dedicated to raising awareness of Sonoma County as one of the world’s premier wine regions, noted for its heritage of artisan winemaking, distinct growing regions, and extraordinary quality. Founded in 1944, SCV represents more than 200 wineries and affiliated businesses throughout the county. To learn more about Sonoma County Vintners, visit: SonomaWine.com.