The Monterey Vintners & Growers Association (MCVGA) presents the 25th Annual Monterey Winemakers’ Celebration set on the quaint streets of Carmel-by-the-Sea on Sunday, May 7 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (VIP’s gain early access at 12:00 pm in addition to valet parking). One of Monterey’s premier wine events, and the only to feature wines from throughout Monterey County, the event showcases more than 100 wines from the established and small production wineries of Monterey County and its sub-appellations (including Arroyo Seco, Carmel Valley, Chalone, Hames Valley, Monterey, San Antonio Valley, and Santa Lucia Highlands).
NEW this year: Monterey Wine Camp, offering hands-on, fun activities designed to further guests’ wine knowledge to the next level, whether new to wine or a Master Sommelier. (Additional details below.)
WHEN: Sunday, May 7th from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (VIP’s gain early entry at 12:00 pm in addition to valet parking)
WHERE: Dolores Street and 7th Street, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
TICKETS: VIP Experience: $125 – 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
Gain early access at 12:00 noon for a more intimate experience & valet parking
Main Event: $75 – 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Tickets available at MontereyWines.org
Questions: 831.375.9400 or [email protected]
ABOUT: The Monterey County Vintners & Growers Association (MCVGA) brings together the talents and resources of its members, partners and community to promote and support leadership in the art, science and business of wine. Founded in 1974, MCVGA is a non-profit organization representing over 85 vintners and growers in Monterey, California.
Bernardus Winery ● Big Sur Vineyards ● Blair Estate ● Caraccioli Cellars ● Carmel Ridge Winery ● Carmel Road ● Chalone ● Cholame ● Cima Collina Winery ● De Tierra Vineyards ● Estancia Estates Winery ● Figge Cellars ● Folktale Winery & Vineyards ● Hahn Family Wines ● Holman Ranch ● I. Brand & Family Wines ● J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines ● Joyce Vineyards ● Manzoni Vineyards ● Mark West Wines ● Odonata Wines ● Paraiso Vineyards ● Pessagno Wines ● Pierce Ranch Vineyards ● Puma Road ● Robert Mondavi Winery ● Scheid Vineyards ● Scratch Wines ● Shale Canyon Wines ● Silvestri Vineyards ● Smith Family Wines ● Talbott Vineyards ● Testarossa Winery ● Wente Vineyards ● Windy Oaks Estate ● Wrath Wines
Aabha Indian Cuisine ● Affina ● All About the Chocolate ● Basil ●Big Sur Bakery ● Cantinetta Luca ● Carmel Honey Company ● Carmel Valley Ranch ● Chef’s Palette SpiceRubs ● Esteban ● Folktale Winery ● 400° Gourmet Burgers & Fries ● Il Tegamino ● Jeninni’s Kitchen + Wine Bar ● La Balena ● La Bicyclette ● Little Napoli ● Monterey Bay Aquarium ● Mulligan Public House ● Nothing Bundt Cakes Carmel ● Poke Lab ● Revival Ice Cream ● ROUX ● Salt Wood ● Trio Olive Oil
NEW: MONTEREY WINE CAMP
Whether a connoisseur or new to wine, learn more about wine growing, wine making, and wine appreciation. Earn your Monterey Wine Camp Badge by participating in fun and informational activities like:
- Chardonnay: Oaked vs Unoaked
- Sensory Wine Experience
- Blending Experience
- Wine Writer Insights: On the Mind and Palate of Wine Writers Featuring Mary Orlin
- Sustainability in Practice
- What’s Dirt Got to Do with It?
- Taste Like a Somm: Sommelier Guided Tasting Tours (available at additional cost)
What makes this event unique?
- Stroll the charming streets of Carmel-by-the-Sea closed exclusively for this celebration.
- Sample Monterey’s new wines and savor old favorites.
- Learn from local winemakers and wine grape growers.
- Taste the best Pinot Noir’s in California. Wine Spectator Magazine selected the Monterey wine region and specifically, the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA, as the best Pinot Noir in California for the last four vintages.
- Meet local chefs from the area’s most popular restaurants, who will provide you lite-bites to pair with your wine.
- Dance on the street to the music of DJ Steb Montez.
- Participate in Monterey Wine Camp to advance wine knowledge to the next level.
- Purchase your favorite wines to enjoy at home.
- Don’t forget to make a reservation for dinner following the event at one of the participating restaurants!
- Make it a weekend celebration, see our hotel partners.