St. Helena, CA, December 7, 2016 — Wine Market Council, a non-profit association of grape growers, wine producers, importers, wholesalers, retailers, and other affiliated wine businesses, announced today that Emma Swain, CEO of St. Supéry Estate Vineyards & Winery, was officially elected as Chair of the non-profit association’s board of directors. Swain succeeds former Wine Market Council Chair, Dale Stratton of Constellation Brands. Swain has served on the Wine Market Council board for seven years. Her board term as Chair will run for two years.
“Wine Market Council is highly focused on increasing our annual research initiatives and directing that research to the market challenges that are most relevant to our members,” said Emma Swain, Wine Market Council Board Chair. “I look forward to working with the entire Wine Market Council team as we continue to grow our relevant research initiatives and support our diverse membership.”
Wine Market Council’s board officer election followed their annual board of directors meeting on November 16, 2016. Dale Stratton was confirmed as Immediate Past Chair and current board members were elected to their positions for one year terms including: Vice Chair, John Ledbetter of Ledbetter/Vino Farms; Second Vice Chair, Xavier Barlier, of Maisons Marques & Domaines/Roederer Estate; Treasurer, Shawn Byrnes of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates; and Secretary, Michaela Rodeno of Villa Ragazzi.
The 2016 members of Wine Market Council’s board are:
- Emma Swain (Chair), St. Supéry Vineyards & Winery
- Dale Stratton (Immediate Past Chair), Constellation Brands
- John Ledbetter (Vice Chair), Ledbetter/Vino Farms
- Xavier Barlier (Second Vice Chair), Maisons Marques & Domaines/Roederer Estate
- Michaela Rodeno (Secretary), Villa Ragazzi
- Shawn Byrnes (Treasurer), Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Danny Brager, Nielsen
- Dennis Cakebread, Cakebread Cellars
- Mel Dick, Southern Wine & Spirits
- Jerry Douglas, Biltmore Estate Wine Company
- Ray Herrmann, The Charmer Sunbelt Group
- Steve Somers (Alternate for Ray Herrmann), The Charmer Sunbelt Group
- Michael Mondavi, Folio Fine Wine Partners
- Heidi Scheid, Scheid Vineyards
- Adam Strum, Wine Enthusiast Companies
- Hugh Tietjen, Wine Communications Group
- Jim Trezise, New York Wine & Grape Foundation
About Wine Market Council
Wine Market Council was established in 1994 as a non-profit (501c6) trade association whose mission is to grow and strengthen the wine market in the U.S. on behalf of all segments of the industry by providing ongoing U.S. wine market research. Wine Market Council provides its members with research that is proprietary to Wine Market Council members, who incorporate it into their strategic planning, marketing and sales execution. More information can be found at WineMarketCouncil.com.