Groups of girlfriends flock to Napa Valley each season yearning for the ultimate wine tasting experience that capture the flavors of wine country and we are all over it. Often, we work with partner wineries to help create the ultimate Napa experience – so gather your gals and check out our pitch below.
With over 400 wineries to choose from, there is no shortage of tasting room venues vying to welcome these lively, modern travelers. We widdled down the most girlfriendly spots in the Valley that offer engaging experiences for gals to sip, savor and take selfies while enjoying the finer things in life. Below please find the list of five standout tasting experiences that are sure to drum up buzz with your BFF’s.
- HALLmark Tour, a signature tour and tasting experience that includes a little bit of everything by HALL, a leading luxury Cabernet producer. As part of this experience, girlfriends will be able to gather as a group and explore the breathtaking St. Helena property as they are guided on a walking tour while exploring the convergence of wine and art during an immersive experience for up to 14 of your BFF’s. This tour includes a walk-through the historic Bergfeld Building, built in 1885, a stroll through the culinary gardens and vineyards, and a brief tour of the high tech production facility. The tour with a private, seated tasting that includes sampling a flight of current HALL releases. The HALLmark Tour is available to be booked as a private experience with six or more, so is ideal for a group of girlfriends looking to unwind experiencing a slice of what HALL has to offer. $40pp. www.hallwines.com.
- Girlfriends love the Schramsberg Cave Tour and Tasting experience, adding an element of elegance and adventure to a girls weekend, making it one of the most posted on social in the Valley. Experience the historic underground caves by candlelight, while tasting through a selection of its highest rated sparkling wines. $65pp. www.schramsberg.com
ST. SUPERY ESTATE & VINEYARD:
- Napa is not just about wine – many wineries such as St. Supery are expanding their traditional tour and tasting experience by adding eco-experiences to their roster of offerings such as the new VEGGIES & VINO Experience. Girlfriends can gather in the Dollarhide Estate Ranch where they will gain a new appreciation for the endless opportunities to craft veggie and vino pairings. Savor four small farm-to-table vegetarian bites prepared by the notable Estate Chef that perfectly compliment four of Napa Valley estate wines. During good weather, we also have a petanque court in front of the winery that can lend itself to a fun time out with friends. Offered Wednesday – Sunday. $65pp. www.stsupery.com
- For a fab private experience, girlfriends should not miss a visit Villa Trefethen. Three generations of Trefethen women have called the Villa home and all have left their classic touch in this legendary piece of Napa history. Built in l920’s, the Villa is a fine example of the Arts and Crafts Movement of California. The elegant woodwork, of a quality rarely seen today, reflects the style’s embrace of craftsmanship and natural materials. Garden design was also an important element of the Movement. The beautiful Villa and its gardens surrounded by the vineyard provide the perfect setting to explore Trefethen’s portfolio of estate grown wines and to experience the warmth and authenticity of a multi-generational family. $25pp. By appointment only. www.trefethen.com
- Book a Custom Crush Private Tasting – a fun and unique educational experience where girlfriends can be immersed in the scene of production, learning more about how the Mira winemaking process and how extends from bud to bottle. All get the chance to enjoy a current flight of Napa Valley wines while learning about a rising star boutique winery. www.miranapa.com
With those fab five girlfriendly experiences, groups of gals flocking to wine country will get to experience a great slice of Napa culture. Guests will be inspired and educated with all of these experience, and be able to bond with their special ladies in spectacular settings. Remember, gals, it’s all about quality over quantity so if five tastings are booked in one day, be sure a hearty mid-day lunch at a hot spot such as Farmstead or Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen is also on the books.
Cheers to girlfriends everywhere…shall they all come together in Napa Valley. #GirlfriendlyInNapa