Santa Rosa, Calif. –Vineyard & Winery Management has opened registration for its 2016 Craft Beverages Unlimited Midwest conference and trade show. Formerly known as Midwest Grape & Wine + Craft Brew, this B2B event enjoys an annual and devoted for following for producers of wine, craft beer, and spirits.
The event will be held at the St. Charles Convention Center in St. Charles, Missouri from February 3-5, 2016.
For the first time, the event producer has brought together three leading trade magazines to plan three distinct conferences under one roof. Vineyard & Winery Management, Craft Beer & Brewing, and Distiller have joined forces to plan an extensive and varied event. Planners include John Bolton, CEO of Craft Beer & Brewing, Bill Owens, President of the American Distilling Institute’s Distiller magazine, and Danny Wood of Midwest Wine Press on behalf of Vineyard & Winery Management.
“This has allowed us to use established experts in their field to plan relevant and timely sessions and source the best possible speakers to address current regional issues,” says event producer Robert Merletti, President/Publisher for Vineyard & Winery Management magazine. The conference provides a wide and diverse offering of courses in enology, viticulture, marketing, craft beer making and distilling. Highlights include the following:
- Midwest Vineyards and Wineries: Guide to Current Best Practices. Speakers: Dr. Dean Volenberg, Assistant Extension Professor, Viticulture and Winery Operations, Grape and Wine Institute, University of Missouri and Todd Steiner, Enologist, Ohio State University
- Sustainable and Organic Viticulture in the Midwest. Moderator: Danny Wood, Midwest Wine Press. Q&A Panelists: Alexia Gannon, Owner of Clover Meadow Winery, Wisconsin and Colleen Gerke, Owner, Jowler Creek Vineyard & Winery, Missouri
- Grape Breeding Across the Midwest: Emerging Grape Varieties and Optimizing Norton.Speakers: Tom Plocher, Plocher Vines, Hugo, MN and Dr. Chin-Feng Hwang, Professor, Grape Breeding & Genetics, Missouri State Fruit Experiment Station, William H. Darr School of Agriculture, Missouri State
- VESTA Workshop: Wine Chemistry. Speaker: Dr. Barry Gump, Professor of Beverage Management, Harvey Chaplin Eminent Scholar Chair
- The Nuts and Bolts of Distillery Start-up. Speaker: Karen Binder, co-owner and head distiller, Grand River Spirits, craft distillers of Red Eye Corn Whiskey and Grand River Bourbon
- Exploring Additional Revenue Opportunities in the Craft Beer Marketplace. Moderator/Speakers: John Bolton, CEO, Craft Beer & Brewing magazine and Pro Brewer Panel
See complete course information at www.cbumidwest.com.
The Trade Show will take place February 4-5 and showcase hundreds of companies exhibiting goods, services, and the latest innovations.
Early Birds can save 10% on several courses through 12/15/15. In celebration of its inaugural year in Asheville, trade show passes are being offered free of charge. Association members receive special discounts during the checkout process. All attendees also receive a one year subscription to Vineyard & Winery Management magazine, the leading wine industry trade publication.
Register online at www.cbueast.com or by phone at (866) 483-0172. Those wishing to purchase a trade show booth should contact Elizabeth Taggart at ExecutivEvents, firstname.lastname@example.org, (303) 530-0205 x16. Interested members of the press should contact Maria Ruiz at 800-535-5670 x106 or email@example.com to receive a press pass.
ABOUT CRAFT BEVERAGES UNLIMITED MIDWEST
Craft Beverages Unlimited Midwest is a division of Vineyard & Winery Management, the leader in wine industry professional development and North America’s leading independent wine trade publication. This event proudly supports the eastern wine trade through its affiliations with key organizations who bring strength to the eastern wine regions and the wine industry as a whole.